- 2 lbs wild Alaskan shrimp
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tomato
- juice of 4 lemons
- juice of one orange
- salt and pepper
1. Wash the shrimp in cold water, peel and devein, keeping the shells for later.
2. Set 2 cups of water to boil with a 1/2 tsp of salt and the garlic clove. As the water boils, add the shrimp and cook for no more than 3 minutes (this is important, or the shrimp will get rubbery). Remove the shrimp from the boiling water and set aside.
3. Add two handfuls of the shrimp shells to the water and bring to a boil again.
4. Put the shrimp water that just boiled in a blender along with the shrimp shells and blend for 15 seconds. Strain the liquid.
5. Cut the tomato in quarters and put it in the blender with the liquid previously strained. Blend for another 15 seconds, and strain again.