Friday, April 17, 2015
The ranunculus are back in season at the flower shop and I am having all sorts of trouble not spending a fortune on them. The price of fresh flowers in Alaska is disheartening and it makes me miss Ecuador, where I can get a dozen roses for $2.00. As far as beauty goes, there really is nothing better than flowers in a home, they are an insta-cheer-make-everything-more-beautiful item, and on a personal note, they remind me of my grandmother, a gifted gardener if I ever met one.
Do you keep flowers at home? Do you have a favorite one? Pick some up this weekend, they'll make your life just a wee bit prettier all next week.
1. It baffles me that the terms 'helicopter' and 'free range' parenting are a thing. Can we just parent and let other people parent? How a two-and-a-half block walk threats to tear a family apart
2. Dynasties The enduring power of families in business and politics should trouble believers in meritocracy
3. Here are 11 Influential Women You Should Know
4. The 20 Best Small Towns to Visit in 2015 Spoiler alert! Homer, Alaska made the cut!
5. The Strange Tale of the First Woman to Run for President and no, it's not Hillary Clinton.
6. "The decline in fertility over the course of a woman's 30s has been oversold" How Long Can You Wait to Have a Baby?